Good Netiquette Costs Nothing But Earns You A Lot!
Why is Netiquette so important and why is it relevant to the Mals Website?
There are many reasons why you should practice good netiquette on the Mals website. A few of these are;
- The Mals website has a G Rating, (suitable for children – as we work with young people).
- The Mals website is not a negative battleground to vent spleen. It is a positive environment.
- It is important to encourage people to contribute.
- Being hurtful online can be worse than being horrible in person.
- The Internet provides a permanent footprint.
Good netiquette is very simple. Imagine you are talking to an elderly vicar or a young impressionable child; be polite and listen to other’s points of view, you are well on the way to becoming a Netiquette Master! It may seem frivolous to talk in these terms of something that might appear to be common sense. Having been online since the early 1990’s, I have seen some awful online bullying and ill-considered and hurtful remarks. I have been the recipient of some over the years. I can tell you it is not nice.
I am hoping to build Mals Merseyside into a website that will encourage communication and the sharing of ideas. First we need to build trust. All I ask of anyone who interacts on the Mals website or social media feeds, is to kindly have a little discipline; putting a capital N in Netiquette.
That’s it. Simple.